Elementary Homeroom, Middle School Subject Teachers, Art Teacher, Physical Education Teacher
Start Date 8/16/2021 - Full-time - 10-month position
Minaret Academy is hiring people who are:
Detail Oriented, High Achievers, Positive, Service-oriented, Committed, Humble, Patient, Gentle, Caring and Kind, Teacher at Heart and have deep understanding of the five pillars of Islam.
If this describes you, please review the job qualifications and submit your resume and application for our consideration.
• Commit to our core mission, with the underlying belief that all students can and will attend college
• Incorporate the basic teachings of Islam in the daily lessons
• Set and maintain high academic and behavioral expectations for all students
• Maintain professional and respectful relationships with students, peers, families, and community members
• Develop and implement academic curriculum in accordance with CA state academic standards and middle school best practice
• Commit to data driven instruction and analysis
• Participate in weekly staff development and team meetings
• Develop and uphold established school policies, protocols, and procedures
• Facilitate and participate in extra-curricular activities to build a positive school culture
• Work in a typical school setting and must be able to multitask to support student and staff needs
• Valid California Multiple/Secondary subject-matter credential or qualified for intern credential
• Passionate and competent in classroom and curriculum management
• Ability to participate in team work and shared decision-making
• Excellent oral and written communicative skills
• Proficient in technology. Google for Education Level 1and 2 certification preferred. Three years or more of teaching experience in a public/private accredited school.
• Ability to integrate Quranic principles and the Islamic philosophy of education throughout the curriculum and activities.
Essential job functions:
· Perform, support, and always be a positive representation of the school to fulfill its mission statement.
· Demonstrate the qualities of a sound Islamic role model and participate in daily prayers during school hours
· Has the spiritual maturity, academic ability, and personal leadership qualities to mentor students
· Cooperates with the staff and administration in implementing all policies, procedures, and directives governing the operation of the school
· Teaches classes as assigned following prescribed scope and sequence as outlined in the grade level curriculum guides.
More detailed job duties:
· Maintain proper discipline in the classroom and on the school premises for a positive learning environment.
· Maintain a clean, attractive, well-ordered classroom.
· Plan broadly through the use of trimester and annual plans and objectives, and more currently through the use of a lesson plan book.
· Follow the guidelines and procedures as outlined in the parent/student handbook.
· Conduct parent conferences as needed.
· Maintain student report cards and submit all paperwork and documentation to the office by stated deadlines.
· Submit weekly lesson plans to administration upon request.
· Attend all staff in-services, teacher orientation meetings, student social events, 8th grade graduation ceremony and reception, and annual fundraiser events.
· Employee will perform other duties as assigned. Participate in Professional Development opportunities: 40 hours a year.
· Employee is, during work hours, always vigilant as a supervisor of children.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
· Prolonged standing and sitting, bending, stooping and stretching. Position requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer, printer, phone, and calculator
· Normal range of hearing and vision to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Position requires occasional lifting up to 50 pounds.
· Able to give, receive and analyze information, prepare written materials, and input information into a computer.
· Must understand people and effectively communicate with them, answering questions in a professional and friendly manner. The position requires public contact and excellent interpersonal skills.
Equipment skill set:
· Must have essential computer skills with ability to use Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Google's "G Suite for Education" & Grade Link Student Information Systems.
· Able to operate other office machines such as a copy machine, telephone, intercom, etc.
Minaret Academy offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
· Medical, dental, & vision insurance benefits, premiums paid 90% by employer
· Paid time off package comprised of vacation, sick & holidays
· Tuition discount for child attending MA
If you would like to be considered for a position, please email your resume & cover letter to: email@example.com